After some technical difficulties I’m finally able to post this lemon poppyseed loaf cake recipe, I know it’s time to get out all the fall spices but I just really had to share this one!!! I love lemon flavor in baked goods and this cake is just super delicious!
Lemon Poppyseed Loaf Cake
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt, (I used plant based)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
– Line a 30 cm loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
– In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds, mix well.
– In a separate smaller bowl whisk together the oil, honey, yoghurt, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together until well combined.
– Fill into prepared loaf pan.
– Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.
– Optional but really tasty: Glaze the still hot cake with a lemon and honey, or lemon and icing sugar glaze.
– Let cool completely before cutting. The lemon flavor will be even more intense the following day.