We love using maple syrup as sweetener in baked goods. The combination of mixed nuts and maple syrup is especially delicious! If you like pecan pie, you will love this Maple Nut Tart!
Maple Nut Tart
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ice-cold water
Maple Nut Filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed coarsely chopped nuts
For the Pastry:
– In a medium bowl, combine flour, honey, salt and baking powder. Add the butter and mix with your hands until crumbly. Add water, a little at a time, mix only until well combined. Press dough into a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For the Maple Nut Filling:
– In a bowl whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut sugar, melted butter and vanilla until well blended. Add the mixed nuts.
– Line the bottom of a 11-inch tart pan with parchment paper, butter the sides. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to fit into your tart pan.
– Pour the maple nut filling into pastry.
– Bake in preheated 375 F oven for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and filling is set.
– Let cool before removing from tart pan.