Happy weekend everyone!! My kids had a week off from school for Spring (March) Break. Unfortunately the weather did not turn out to be so great…in other words, winter returned! For most of the week it was snowing and cold.
Anyway I found another way of using Maple Syrup in a recipe…I promise I will stop soon, but it is still the season right!;) These Coconut Tarts were soooooo good! I will definitely make these again soon.
Use with your favorite pastry. Makes enough filling for 7 tarts. I will add the pastry I used.
Maple Coconut Tarts
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup coconut, shredded, unsweetened
-Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Grease 7 muffin tins and line with your favorite pastry.
-In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together well. Fill in prepared tart shells only 3/4 full. Bake at 400F/200C for 15 minutes.
Following recipe is adapted from my 1985 Betty Bossi book “Dessert Traeume”.
- 125 g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp honey or sugar
- 50 g butter, cold, cut in small pieces
- 50 g coconut, shredded, unsweetened
- 1 egg
-Mix flour, salt and honey or sugar. Add butter pieces and using your hands rub everything together until it resembles fine crumbs. Mix in coconuts then add the egg and mix everything well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
-On a floured surface roll out dough and cut out circles to fit 7 muffin moulds.
You can find me on Instagram: #littleswisslittlecanadian
This has been a week full of surprises! I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Bernadine from Bern Bakes!!!
Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it:) Make sure you check out her amazing blog!!! You’ll find delicious sweets and treats:)
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Post about the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate at most 15 people.
- Tell your nominees the good news!
7 Facts About Me:
- I love trying out new recipes from around the world.
- Nothing better than the smell of fresh baked bread or other baked goodies:)
- I love cook/baking books and magazines (or blogs). I can look through those for hours;)
- I make cold process soap that look like cakes and cupcakes.
- Another hobby of mine is calligraphy writing and drawing.
- I prefer warm over cold temperatures.
- I like to make my own natural face masks, salves, etc.
Thanks again! And congratulations to the nominees!
Happy Saturday everyone! I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Jen Li from GYPSYBUS28 Blog!!!
Thank you very much Jen Li! I truly appreciate it:)
Make sure you check out her amazing blog where she writes about Food, Beauty, Travel and Life.
- Put the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blogs, etc.)
- Add your own 7 questions for your nominees to answer.
Questions by Jen Li:
- What is you favorite food? Italian and Greek cuisine. (I like a lot of things…)
- What is or was your dream travel? Israel and Kenya were amazing! I have a long list of dream travel: starting with the rest of Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, Iceland, Scandinavia, Australia…:)
- Random fact about you? I love nature: flowers, plants, landscapes, animals…
- Who has been the biggest inspiration in life? I am being inspired by people who follow their heart and dreams. My family, but mostly my father who has been struggling with health problems for many years and just had his second open heart surgery last summer 2016.
- Do you have any pets/what kind of pets? We have no pets at the time.
- What is the goal you want to achieve in 2017? There are a few things I would like to accomplish in work, home and hobbies and health.
- What’s the biggest decision you have made in life? Immigrating to Canada (my family lives in Switzerland)
My 7 questions:
- What are your favorite spices?
- What are your favorite herbs?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What City would you like to visit?
- What are your hobbies?
- What languages do you speak or would like to be able to speak?
- Do you have a quote or saying that you use in life?
Starr@The Misfit Baker
The Frugal Hausfrau
Joann’s Food For Thought
Baking in Pyjamas
Thanks again for nominating me!!
What a lovely surprise!! I was nominated by Bea from beafreeblog and by Meagan from rufflesandmacarons.
They both have amazing blogs! Go check them out:
https://beafreeblog.wordpress.com and https://rufflesandmacarons.com
Thank you very much for nominating me:)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their profile
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created
How I started:
I’ve had the idea to start a blog for quiet some time, but did not really know where/how to begin.
I use my blog to share my love of baking.
Advice for new bloggers:
I am still a newbie and have still a LOT to learn. What I have learned so far-Do what your passionate about! -Have fun! -Interact with other bloggers-learn from the pros;) Check out other blogs, like/comment, they will most likely check out your blog as well. I love getting comments on my posts-so much fun:) 🙂
I am nominating:
the dutch baker (https://thedutchbaker.wordpress.com)
Recipes by chefkreso (https:chefkresorecipes.wordpress.com)
L.E.E. bakers (leebakers.com)
The Jam Jar (https://thejamjar.net)
The Sentient Baker (https://sentientbaker.com)
keralas crative kitchen (keralas.live.)
My gf home bakery (https://gfhomebakery.com)
Emerging Adult Eats (https://emergingadulteats.com)
Thanks again for the nomination!!!