Delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream! Cozy fall flavors in one simple dish!
This dessert has become another family favorite, using local apples, maple syrup and I added a few dried cranberries!
Apple Spice Cobbler
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white spelt flour
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 5 small apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- optional: 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup milk, (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
– Preheat oven to 375 F, (convection setting), grease a 9 × 9 baking dish.
– For the apple filling: In a medium bowl, mix together apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, cranberries and flour. Fill into baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
– For the topping: In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda, salt, sugar. Using fingers or a pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly. Using a fork, stir in milk just until combined.
– Spoon over apples, covering completely. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
– Tastes wonderful when served warm!
I hope you’ll give it a try!