Can’t decide if you want to make Brownies or Cupcakes? How about a Brownie Cupcake?!
This is a cute Valentines treat for all those chocolate lovers out there!!
(Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart)
Brownie Heart Cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temp.
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
-Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Line a 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
-Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof mixer bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until chocolate melts.
-Attach bowl to mixer, add sugar and whisk on medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture.
-Divide batter among muffing cups, filling each 2/3 full. Spread remaining batter in square pan. Bake until set but still soft, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins and pan on wire racks.
-Frost cupcakes with buttercream. Cut out 24 hearts from brownie in pan. Top each cupcake with a heart.
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp.
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk, room temp.
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
-In a medium bowl sift together confectioners sugar and cocoa powder. Add butter, milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth and free of lumps.
–Buttercream can be stored in refrigerator up to two weeks–
This has been a week full of surprises! I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Bernadine from Bern Bakes!!!
Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it:) Make sure you check out her amazing blog!!! You’ll find delicious sweets and treats:)
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Post about the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate at most 15 people.
- Tell your nominees the good news!
7 Facts About Me:
- I love trying out new recipes from around the world.
- Nothing better than the smell of fresh baked bread or other baked goodies:)
- I love cook/baking books and magazines (or blogs). I can look through those for hours;)
- I make cold process soap that look like cakes and cupcakes.
- Another hobby of mine is calligraphy writing and drawing.
- I prefer warm over cold temperatures.
- I like to make my own natural face masks, salves, etc.
Thanks again! And congratulations to the nominees!
Happy Saturday everyone! I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Jen Li from GYPSYBUS28 Blog!!!
Thank you very much Jen Li! I truly appreciate it:)
Make sure you check out her amazing blog where she writes about Food, Beauty, Travel and Life.
- Put the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blogs, etc.)
- Add your own 7 questions for your nominees to answer.
Questions by Jen Li:
- What is you favorite food? Italian and Greek cuisine. (I like a lot of things…)
- What is or was your dream travel? Israel and Kenya were amazing! I have a long list of dream travel: starting with the rest of Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, Iceland, Scandinavia, Australia…:)
- Random fact about you? I love nature: flowers, plants, landscapes, animals…
- Who has been the biggest inspiration in life? I am being inspired by people who follow their heart and dreams. My family, but mostly my father who has been struggling with health problems for many years and just had his second open heart surgery last summer 2016.
- Do you have any pets/what kind of pets? We have no pets at the time.
- What is the goal you want to achieve in 2017? There are a few things I would like to accomplish in work, home and hobbies and health.
- What’s the biggest decision you have made in life? Immigrating to Canada (my family lives in Switzerland)
My 7 questions:
- What are your favorite spices?
- What are your favorite herbs?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What City would you like to visit?
- What are your hobbies?
- What languages do you speak or would like to be able to speak?
- Do you have a quote or saying that you use in life?
Starr@The Misfit Baker
The Frugal Hausfrau
Joann’s Food For Thought
Baking in Pyjamas
Thanks again for nominating me!!
What a lovely surprise!! I was nominated by Bea from beafreeblog and by Meagan from rufflesandmacarons.
They both have amazing blogs! Go check them out:
https://beafreeblog.wordpress.com and https://rufflesandmacarons.com
Thank you very much for nominating me:)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their profile
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created
How I started:
I’ve had the idea to start a blog for quiet some time, but did not really know where/how to begin.
I use my blog to share my love of baking.
Advice for new bloggers:
I am still a newbie and have still a LOT to learn. What I have learned so far-Do what your passionate about! -Have fun! -Interact with other bloggers-learn from the pros;) Check out other blogs, like/comment, they will most likely check out your blog as well. I love getting comments on my posts-so much fun:) 🙂
I am nominating:
the dutch baker (https://thedutchbaker.wordpress.com)
Recipes by chefkreso (https:chefkresorecipes.wordpress.com)
L.E.E. bakers (leebakers.com)
The Jam Jar (https://thejamjar.net)
The Sentient Baker (https://sentientbaker.com)
keralas crative kitchen (keralas.live.)
My gf home bakery (https://gfhomebakery.com)
Emerging Adult Eats (https://emergingadulteats.com)
Thanks again for the nomination!!!